Welcome Hurdlers!

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Welcome Hurdlers!

Post  GAB on Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:06 pm

Croosh wrote:Hello, I'm Casey, I'm a fan of the show since day one, and I write this in my living room as the all too rare English summer sun blazes outside. This situation perfectly illustrates my nerd credentials, even if I'm not a full-blown dice carrying NEEEEEEERD. I'm a chef (which allows a lot of space for nerdly obsessions and pedantry), a father of two budding nerdlings and I've now said "nerd" more than in any other forum post I've ever made. Nerd!
Yea! Croosh is "ballroom blitzing" the NH-forum like the psuedo-band that provided his initial namesake.
Now Like a Star @ heaven we're Like a Star @ heaven cookin' Exclamation
avatar
GAB

Posts : 171
Join date : 2009-05-04
Age : 53
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Welcome Hurdlers!

Post  Jimmysee on Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:21 pm

Mandi wrote:

For serious! Shirtless Sulu > Shirtless Kirk

Totally agree. Welcome Casey!
avatar
Jimmysee

Posts : 7
Join date : 2009-06-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Welcome Hurdlers!

Post  kumarhk on Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:12 am

No love for Shirtless Spock? Sad
avatar
kumarhk

Posts : 352
Join date : 2009-04-21
Age : 24
Location : Hong Kong

View user profile http://thekumarexperience.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Welcome Hurdlers!

Post  Mandi on Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:19 pm

He'll do, he'll do.
avatar
Mandi

Posts : 372
Join date : 2009-04-15
Age : 106
Location : Toronto

View user profile http://nerdhurdles.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Welcome Hurdlers!

Post  Jimmysee on Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:05 pm

Haven't seen the Spockster shirtless yet, but I'll look out for it. I doubt he'll be running around with a rapier challenging weaker foes to duels. Can Spock top that? Can anyone top that?
avatar
Jimmysee

Posts : 7
Join date : 2009-06-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Welcome Hurdlers!

Post  Honeybadger on Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:25 pm

Erm, hello. I've never joined a forum before, so I'm a little intimidated. Please be gentle.
My name is Toria, 25, another UK nerd (nice to see so many Brits on here, btw) although I am still slightly closeted. Or just in denial, not sure yet. I won't list all my nerdy likes and loves, but I'm a fan of most of the usual; my biggest hurdle is Star Trek. I've tried, but it just isn't clicking.

I believe I would be in Hufflepuff, and my deamon would be a binturong named Aloysius.

Edit; Took the quiz, turns out I'm Ravenclaw. Who knew?


Last edited by Honeybadger on Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Honeybadger

Posts : 8
Join date : 2009-07-04
Location : Northampton, England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Welcome Hurdlers!

Post  Roundapanda on Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:35 pm

Honeybadger wrote:Erm, hello. I've never joined a forum before, so I'm a little intimidated. Please be gentle.
My name is Toria, 25, another UK nerd (nice to see so many Brits on here, btw) although I am still slightly closeted. Or just in denial, not sure yet. I won't list all my nerdy likes and loves, but I'm a fan of most of the usual; my biggest hurdle is Star Trek. I've tried, but it just isn't clicking.

I believe I would be in Hufflepuff, and my deamon would be a binturong named Aloysius.

Hello Very Happy
We are all lovely on this forum so no need to be intimidated, and as if to prove it *hugs laptop*
The closeting has to end. Run out into the streets and scream "I AM A NERD AND I AM PROUD!" over and over again until you get arrested Smile
avatar
Roundapanda

Posts : 228
Join date : 2009-04-21
Age : 23
Location : Newcastle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Welcome Hurdlers!

Post  Honeybadger on Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:07 pm

Roundapanda wrote:
Hello Very Happy
We are all lovely on this forum so no need to be intimidated, and as if to prove it *hugs laptop*
The closeting has to end. Run out into the streets and scream "I AM A NERD AND I AM PROUD!" over and over again until you get arrested Smile

Thanks! Very Happy

The closeting is only partial, I'm "out" with family and friends, but the people I work with are distressingly, repulsively normal. They're like pod-people without the charm.
avatar
Honeybadger

Posts : 8
Join date : 2009-07-04
Location : Northampton, England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Welcome Hurdlers!

Post  Roundapanda on Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:29 pm

Honeybadger wrote:
Roundapanda wrote:
Hello Very Happy
We are all lovely on this forum so no need to be intimidated, and as if to prove it *hugs laptop*
The closeting has to end. Run out into the streets and scream "I AM A NERD AND I AM PROUD!" over and over again until you get arrested Smile

Thanks! Very Happy

The closeting is only partial, I'm "out" with family and friends, but the people I work with are distressingly, repulsively normal. They're like pod-people without the charm.

Oh noes, Not Cooly Woolies!
avatar
Roundapanda

Posts : 228
Join date : 2009-04-21
Age : 23
Location : Newcastle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Welcome Hurdlers!

Post  Mandi on Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:18 pm

Rounda, Jakob and I just peed over your avatar! SPARKLE!!!! (Jakob says to put Edward in brackets. Because people change their avatar later.)

Honeybadger... welcome! We love your nerdiness!! If you're a nerd... this is the place for you. It's the place for us anyway. Can you please tell me the origin of your forum name? Mandi equals curious. (I would have made an equal sign, but my keyboard was damaged in a catcident.
avatar
Mandi

Posts : 372
Join date : 2009-04-15
Age : 106
Location : Toronto

View user profile http://nerdhurdles.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Welcome Hurdlers!

Post  kumarhk on Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:45 pm

Welcome, Honeybadger! I had a massive Star Trek hurdle for a couple of years, but I finally overcame in this February ... and now I'm on the fast track to become a Trekkie. Oh, and forum peeps, let's just say ... this isn't the last time you'll be hearing about Star Trek from me Wink

Always good to see another Ravenclaw join the fold. Soon we'll be taking over the place. Of course, when I eventually achieve world domination, Ravenclaws will get special treatment. Very Happy
avatar
kumarhk

Posts : 352
Join date : 2009-04-21
Age : 24
Location : Hong Kong

View user profile http://thekumarexperience.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Welcome Hurdlers!

Post  JonnyBoy on Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:41 am

Welcome Honeybadger. No need to be afraid. We're a small community so we're quite friendly. Just think of us as a little village where you know everyone. Its like a little haven to admit your nerdiness, while we wait, while Jakob and Mandi quietly take over the world so that nerds can reign supreme.

Saying that though, this probably already happens, so why aren't I King of England yet? I'm talking to myself now. Think of me as the town's crazy person who lives out in the woods. Very Happy
avatar
JonnyBoy

Posts : 82
Join date : 2009-04-20
Age : 27
Location : Scouseland

View user profile http://twitter.com/jonnyboyslim

Back to top Go down

Re: Welcome Hurdlers!

Post  Honeybadger on Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:52 am

Mandi wrote:
Honeybadger... welcome! We love your nerdiness!! If you're a nerd... this is the place for you. It's the place for us anyway. Can you please tell me the origin of your forum name? Mandi equals curious. (I would have made an equal sign, but my keyboard was damaged in a catcident.

Hi Mandi, Honeybadgers (or Ratels) are north African mammals with a reputation for being vertually indestructable. They eat adders and scorpions, and attack leopards. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honey_badger

I'm not vicious or anything, I just thought the name was really cute!

Thanks for the welcome, everybody!
avatar
Honeybadger

Posts : 8
Join date : 2009-07-04
Location : Northampton, England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Welcome Hurdlers!

Post  Roundapanda on Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:11 am

Honeybadger wrote:
Mandi wrote:
Honeybadger... welcome! We love your nerdiness!! If you're a nerd... this is the place for you. It's the place for us anyway. Can you please tell me the origin of your forum name? Mandi equals curious. (I would have made an equal sign, but my keyboard was damaged in a catcident.

Hi Mandi, Honeybadgers (or Ratels) are north African mammals with a reputation for being vertually indestructable. They eat adders and scorpions, and attack leopards. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honey_badger

I'm not vicious or anything, I just thought the name was really cute!

Thanks for the welcome, everybody!

It is an obscenely cute name to give to such a viscious little creature Razz
avatar
Roundapanda

Posts : 228
Join date : 2009-04-21
Age : 23
Location : Newcastle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Welcome Hurdlers!

Post  Mekka on Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:17 pm

Roundapanda, your avatar is the Bee's Knees!
avatar
Mekka

Posts : 79
Join date : 2009-04-21
Location : Manchester, UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Welcome Hurdlers!

Post  Roundapanda on Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:39 pm

Mekka wrote:Roundapanda, your avatar is the Bee's Knees!

Thanks Very Happy
avatar
Roundapanda

Posts : 228
Join date : 2009-04-21
Age : 23
Location : Newcastle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Welcome Hurdlers!

Post  Hayden_Bloom on Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:43 pm

Hey Toria, nice to see you here! I wouldn't worry aboot being closeted, talk to anybody on this forum for too long and you will definitely realise that you are nerdy aboot something.

PS. Don't be worried aboot being new to forums, as long as you don't take shit from people who've been around longer than you then its always fun to visit these sortsa places. Luckily this forum is filled with beautiful, respectful people. There is one bell end, but as long as you steer clear of his timezone and any Harry Potter threads then he's unlikely to bother you.
avatar
Hayden_Bloom

Posts : 142
Join date : 2009-04-22
Age : 24
Location : Essex, England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Welcome Hurdlers!

Post  kumarhk on Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:49 pm

Ben, I don't think you understand. I am always here. None of you can escape me. pirat
avatar
kumarhk

Posts : 352
Join date : 2009-04-21
Age : 24
Location : Hong Kong

View user profile http://thekumarexperience.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Welcome Hurdlers!

Post  GAB on Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:08 am

kumarhk wrote:Ben, I don't think you understand. I am always here. None of you can escape me. pirat
Just goes to show: It's always breakfast-time in Hong Kong ... seemingly.
sunny
Plus, Kumar is one of the nicest people I've never met before. (To be fair, it's a big list. Ben's in there, too. Plenty of room on that list for someone with a user-name like HoneyBadger!)
avatar
GAB

Posts : 171
Join date : 2009-05-04
Age : 53
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Welcome Hurdlers!

Post  kumarhk on Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:50 am

Aw shucks. Embarassed Thanks.
avatar
kumarhk

Posts : 352
Join date : 2009-04-21
Age : 24
Location : Hong Kong

View user profile http://thekumarexperience.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Welcome Hurdlers!

Post  arrie on Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:38 am

I'm not going to introduce myself, you know who I am already, just thought I'd leave a note saying that Arrie is here Smile

arrie

Posts : 1
Join date : 2009-07-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Welcome Hurdlers!

Post  Mandi on Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:13 am

Velcome arrie, velcome.
avatar
Mandi

Posts : 372
Join date : 2009-04-15
Age : 106
Location : Toronto

View user profile http://nerdhurdles.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Welcome Hurdlers!

Post  kumarhk on Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:38 am

arrie wrote:I'm not going to introduce myself, you know who I am already, just thought I'd leave a note saying that Arrie is here Smile
About time.
avatar
kumarhk

Posts : 352
Join date : 2009-04-21
Age : 24
Location : Hong Kong

View user profile http://thekumarexperience.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Welcome Hurdlers!

Post  Hayden_Bloom on Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:47 pm

Ah fuck, now the bell end has an accomplice.


Thanks for the compliment there Greg, it always makes me feel fuzzy when people who I don't really know but I have tremendous respect for say lovely things. No words can describe this, just an emotion: cyclops
avatar
Hayden_Bloom

Posts : 142
Join date : 2009-04-22
Age : 24
Location : Essex, England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Welcome Hurdlers!

Post  kumarhk on Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:12 pm

Hayden_Bloom wrote:No words can describe this, just an emotion: cyclops
I think you've just shown me my new favourite emoticon. cyclops ... tee hee!
avatar
kumarhk

Posts : 352
Join date : 2009-04-21
Age : 24
Location : Hong Kong

View user profile http://thekumarexperience.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Welcome Hurdlers!

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum