Nerd Hurdles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Hurdlers!

+39
La Femme Fox Mulder
arrie
Honeybadger
Croosh
Jimmysee
Wilco
Bucho
JayMasterOfNone
rob
GAB
eltonmcmanus
Bear Police
Jen
ToxicDeath
charenton_
Hayden_Bloom
Kerokapala
2hot2handle
Ultact
ori-STUDFARM
Roundapanda
cartbozman
Domino
ro karen
SHC1970
Mekka
kumarhk
Sissillie
TrapperJohn1210
JonnyBoy
cohnee
Marius
mediasaurusrex
BlakeyBizz
weathereye
Tony
Jakob
Mandi
Admin
43 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Welcome Hurdlers! - Page 2 Empty Hi

Post  cartbozman Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:28 pm

For those of you who don't know me:

I am a Douchebag martial artist and mega fanboy of the dark knight and transformers. I spend my weekends attending self righteous protest marches and the rest of my time in a long overcoat playing RT strategy games with young boys. I also spend much of my time writing fan fiction for the transfromers universe, and I have been accepted to the fleshling Decepticon conclave and I am a grand master of that group.
I also enjoy transformers conventions where we all dress up in old cornflakes boxes to match our favourate robot creations from cybertron.
cartbozman
cartbozman

Back to top Go down

Welcome Hurdlers! - Page 2 Empty Re: Welcome Hurdlers!

Post  Roundapanda Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:31 pm

Hello There Very Happy
I'm Eliza though most of you know me as annoying forum dwelling panda/child Roundapanda

My geekery is pretty general, I'm a great watcher of great (and occasionally shite) movies, a listener of a broad spectrum of music (folk, rock, indie and a bit of rap), a reader of cassic literature (Harry Potter), a chronic doodler, an un stoppable writer (alas, if only my enthusiasm mirrored my focus), an over thinker and a lover of this wonderous new media phenomenom the Podcast

I have mad for love Nerd Hurdles and it's lovely presenters, (but the Harry Potter episode made me scream at my ipod want to beat Jakob with a large pointy stick. Don't take it personally, you angered the fangirl! Razz)
Roundapanda
Roundapanda

Back to top Go down

Post  Jakob Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:44 pm

Welcome all! It's good to see so many familiar faces drop by. Me casa su casa.
Jakob
Jakob

http://nerdhurdles.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ori-STUDFARM Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:52 pm

Suppose I better say Hi then! Always late to the party, I only just recently figured out I was a nerd!! DAMN YOU PODCASTS!!! I am one of the voices for the ScutterCast podcast. Probably no good to you unless you are a Red Dwarf fan.

Much love for the Nerd Hurdles podcast.....okay, and it's hosts too has brought me here! Just one more forum in a growing list of forums on my favorites page!! bounce
ori-STUDFARM
ori-STUDFARM

http://www.reddwarfforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Roundapanda Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:56 pm

cohnee wrote:... like a Niffler to shiny pennies. ...

lol!
Roundapanda
Roundapanda

Back to top Go down

Welcome Hurdlers! - Page 2 Empty Howdy

Post  Ultact Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:08 pm

Hey all, I'm a Psychology student working on my MS in the middle of Satan's butt hole: i.e. the corner of Texas and Louisiana. I also work in a lumber yard and teach learning and study skills at the local university. And yes I am a giant nerd.

My current nerdery centers on video games, movies, and roleplay. With general geekery in trivia and a very poor sense of humor.

Yay, many more smilies to exploit. Mwuahaha! So once again, howdy all. This place looks awesome.
Ultact
Ultact

Back to top Go down

Welcome Hurdlers! - Page 2 Empty Good Morning

Post  2hot2handle Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:00 pm

Hullo, most of you will either know me as 2hot2handle or Matt_Cullane (perhaps both). This is my fourth forum (my accountas on 2 have died a death though so i'm only active on the SS forum and hopefully this one.)

Since i discovered this new fangled device, the internet, i realised that people acctualy like the same nerdy stuff i do!
My chief nerdoms would currently be:
Star Trek
Manga (ish)
A Song of Ice and Fire
Video games
Podcasts
Watchmen
LOTR

But i'm hoping to expand my nerdiness even further.

Hmm let's see, about me... I'm 16, doing my GCSEs and probably spending far too much time doing stuff on the above list and too little doing school work.

Also i have a blog... it's about Star Trek: http://whereihavntbeen.blogspot.com/

Last edited by 2hot2handle on Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
2hot2handle
2hot2handle

Back to top Go down

Welcome Hurdlers! - Page 2 Empty nerdiness

Post  Tony Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:09 pm

So, my first post was more about what I'm doing now. What dungeon corners did I turn to become the adult nerd I am today? It all started with Star Trek (Original) reruns on TV in the 70s; I thought they were absolutely magical! Then came Star Wars, I was age 9 when the first one came out, and I was hooked. I played a little D&D in high school, but after my 3rd-level Elf Wizard was killed by 6 giant frogs in a brutal game a "friend" had created, I quit; I was too pissed off! Mostly, I've enjoyed reading the classics: LOTR (first at age 12, and many times since), Asimov's FOUNDATION series (again, many times, Psychohistory seems fascinating), Herbert's DUNE series (again, many times, including watching the de Laurentis movie so much I can quote almost the entire thing, haha, love the Toto soundtrack...and yes, I have the Sci-Fi Channel DVDs of DUNE and CHILDREN OF DUNE), HG WELLS (it all comes around, novels like THE INVISIBLE MAN now are "steampunk"), many of James Hogan's novels (read INHERIT THE STARS if you have not yet done so), too many Star Trek books...ah, Star Trek...I once had TOS, TNG, DS9 and VOYAGER (and THE X-FILES), every episode, on VHS. The library was too huge; I threw it away! I will eventually reaccumulate it on DVD. I even had a submission printed in "The Nitpicker's Guide to Star Trek: TNG". And for the record, I seriously and sincerely LOVE everything HARRY POTTER. Sorry Jakob, JKR managed to touch that place inside of me that wants to belong to something special.

Nerd On!!!
Tony
Tony

http://www.tonypucci.com

Back to top Go down

Welcome Hurdlers! - Page 2 Empty forumage

Post  Tony Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:29 pm

Since it's been mention, I can't tell you how many forums I've been involved in, or at least have checked out for a while, in the past. I currently participate in only two others: Dan Carlin's COMMON SENSE and HARDCORE HISTORY forum, and HOTELWOMB (for fans of the Australian space rock band, THE CHURCH....I used to be a moderator there for a few years, they are my favorite band). I have been a minor participant in some art and poetry forums (lots of "flaming" of other people, arrogant douchebags abounded), and that brings me to my point: A forum is only as good as its membership. Nerd Hurdles - The Forum seems to be off to a really good start. I think for someone to embrace something considered nerd-like by "normal" people and yet be aware of that embracing, you've got to be a smart cookie. And frankly, you've got better taste than those who'll mindlessly accept the shit mainstream culture throws down our throats in the name of Bread and Circuses entertainment. So, keep on rockin' your inner nerd; you're actually one of the cool cats.
Tony
Tony

http://www.tonypucci.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jakob Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:16 pm

cartbozman wrote:For those of you who don't know me:

I am a Douchebag martial artist and mega fanboy of the dark knight and transformers. I spend my weekends attending self righteous protest marches and the rest of my time in a long overcoat playing RT strategy games with young boys. I also spend much of my time writing fan fiction for the transfromers universe, and I have been accepted to the fleshling Decepticon conclave and I am a grand master of that group.
I also enjoy transformers conventions where we all dress up in old cornflakes boxes to match our favourate robot creations from cybertron.

I think this is my favourite greeting.
Jakob
Jakob

Back to top Go down

Post  kumarhk Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:47 am

Jumpsuit wrote:I currently participate in only two others: Dan Carlin's COMMON SENSE and HARDCORE HISTORY forum,
I'm not a big fan of Common Sense, but I LOVE Hardcore History. Always nice to see fans of that show Very Happy
kumarhk
kumarhk

http://thekumarexperience.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  kumarhk Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:50 am

Roundapanda wrote:(but the Harry Potter episode made me scream at my ipod want to beat Jakob with a large pointy stick. Don't take it personally, you angered the fangirl! Razz)
Laughing We must be soul-siblings or something. I'm right there with you, big pointy stick in hand.

Out of curiosity, what house are you? As you might have guessed, I'm a Ravenclaw, but I suppose I lean a bit towards Slytherin and Hufflepuff sometimes. Not a drop of Gryffindor in me. Cool
kumarhk
kumarhk

http://thekumarexperience.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Kerokapala Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:24 pm

'Allo! I'm Alan, also known as Kerokapala and I hail from The stretch of I-12 between Baton Rouge and Slidell. I'm a mass comm Junior at Southeastern Louisiana University, and I love nerdy things like people-watching, telling stories, and podcasts.
Kerokapala
Kerokapala

http://elephantvanishes.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Roundapanda Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:45 pm

kumarhk wrote:
Roundapanda wrote:(but the Harry Potter episode made me scream at my ipod want to beat Jakob with a large pointy stick. Don't take it personally, you angered the fangirl! Razz)
Laughing We must be soul-siblings or something. I'm right there with you, big pointy stick in hand.

Out of curiosity, what house are you? As you might have guessed, I'm a Ravenclaw, but I suppose I lean a bit towards Slytherin and Hufflepuff sometimes. Not a drop of Gryffindor in me. Cool

I'm Ravenclaw too acctually Very Happy the rest was mostly Hufflepuff (damn my useless loyaly) I was a bit Slytherin and not even remotely Gryffindor Razz If any one's expecting me to do anything daring or dangerous they can fuck right off
Roundapanda
Roundapanda

Back to top Go down

Post  2hot2handle Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:55 pm

Kumarhk wrote:Out of curiosity, what house are you? As you might have guessed, I'm a Ravenclaw, but I suppose I lean a bit towards Slytherin and Hufflepuff sometimes. Not a drop of Gryffindor in me. Cool

Roundapanda wrote:
I'm Ravenclaw too acctually Very Happy the rest was mostly Hufflepuff (damn my useless loyaly) I was a bit Slytherin and not even remotely Gryffindor Razz If any one's expecting me to do anything daring or dangerous they can fuck right off

Am i right assuming that this is some kind of personality quiz, and that you haven't found the sorting hat?
If my assumptions are correct... could you post a link?
2hot2handle
2hot2handle

Back to top Go down

Post  Roundapanda Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:08 pm

2hot2handle wrote:
Kumarhk wrote:Out of curiosity, what house are you? As you might have guessed, I'm a Ravenclaw, but I suppose I lean a bit towards Slytherin and Hufflepuff sometimes. Not a drop of Gryffindor in me. Cool

Roundapanda wrote:

Am i right assuming that this is some kind of personality quiz, and that you haven't found the sorting hat?
If my assumptions are correct... could you post a link?

I'll have a dig round for it!

edit: Found it!
http://www.personalitylab.org/tests/ccq_hogwarts.htm

edit edit: Re took test myself, was Ravenclaw again but a split between Gryffindor and Hufflepuff and a little less Slytherin
I must've have gotten more Brave and less sneaky. Good for me Surprised
Roundapanda
Roundapanda

Back to top Go down

Post  Marius Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:45 pm

Hmm, Hufflepuff. Didn't see that one coming.
Marius
Marius

Back to top Go down

Post  Mekka Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:47 pm

You'd have to be a real big Potter fan for that quiz. It's very long.
Mekka
Mekka

Back to top Go down

Post  2hot2handle Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:05 pm

O.k i've made a topic for the quiz, so i guess we can get back to welcomeing hurdlers.
2hot2handle
2hot2handle

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayden_Bloom Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:06 pm

Hi all, Ben here.
I'm unsure weather I really have any right to be on this Forum, I haven't actually done any Nerd Hurdling yet. I've watched Transformers and read Harry Potter (Gryffindor, by the way) but I don't know that I can be classed as a Nerd. Film Geek though, most definately. I love Paul Thomas Anderson, Billy Wilder and Terrence Mallick films, and really I could sit here listing films I like all day, but you don't wanna read that.
Anyway, I'm 16 and currently revising for my imminent GCSE's, which, judging from the amount of Simplysynners in the house most of you already know. I wont spend too much time on this thread, I have some serious Hurdling to do.
Hayden_Bloom
Hayden_Bloom

Back to top Go down

Post  Jakob Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:22 pm

Hayden_Bloom wrote: I'm unsure weather I really have any right to be on this Forum, I haven't actually done any Nerd Hurdling yet.

Ben, you're welcome here. All shapes and sizes of nerds are welcome. You're the 35mm with sprocket-holes shape.
Jakob
Jakob

Back to top Go down

Post  cartbozman Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:38 pm

Jakob wrote:
cartbozman wrote:For those of you who don't know me:

I think this is my favourite greeting.

Mission accomplished Smile

I suppose I should do a real one really, but I think all the people here already know me.

If you don't and are curious, I will gladly oblige Smile
cartbozman
cartbozman

Back to top Go down

Post  charenton_ Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:52 pm

Alright then, I wanna play too! So, I'm Miranda (or charenton_ anywhere on the Interweb!) and I'm a nerd. (Suddenly this feels like a Nerds Anonymous meeting.) I haven't been a part of an Internet forum since I had to stop posting on the Something Awful forums about four years ago (it seriously ate up all my time).

I feel very special for I have met the infamous Jakob in person! In fact, I was his horrible boss at our university newspaper back in Nanaimo, B.C., and he was the amazing art director who held everything together while I slacked off. He seems to tolerate my shenanigans and I am continually impressed at the creative things he produces. I have many Jakob CDs and zines squirreled away at home.

I don't know Mandi, unfortunately, but from what I've heard on the podcasts, she sounds hilarious!

Okay, what makes me a nerd? Here are a list of things I nerd out over, in no particular order.

The Internet, especially Facebook and Twitter
Editing and grammar
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Dungeons and Dragons
Crafts, zines, anything DIY
Science fiction novels - I own everything Robert A. Heinlein ever wrote. I also love Isaac Asimov, John Wyndham, Kurt Vonnegut, and Spider Robinson
Music - both a fan and a musician here. I write cheesy songs about boys and listen to music that only the tight pants, flat shoes crowd should love
Pop culture - that's right, I'm a celebrity gossip hound. I know everything about everyone. If only I could use this power for good ...

Nerdy things I do on-line:

Farmhouse Press
Farmhouse Blog
Charenton_'s Twitter feed
charenton_
charenton_

http://www.farmhousepress.ca

Back to top Go down

Post  ro karen Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:44 pm

Wow. I just realized that I joined this forum one year to the day of joining the Simply Syndicated forum. Shpooky What a Face
ro karen
ro karen

http://www.lobablanca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Marius Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:31 pm

Hey, Karen, I forgot to mention how awesome that avatar is. What a Face
Marius
Marius

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum