Nerd Hurdles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

#4 - His Dark Materials

+7
cohnee
Ultact
GAB
ori-STUDFARM
Jakob
Mekka
kumarhk
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

#4 - His Dark Materials - Page 2 Empty Re: #4 - His Dark Materials

Post  Mekka Fri May 15, 2009 8:41 am

cohnee wrote:
Mekka wrote:Do you get to show your Daemon? A la Crufts?

Wouldn't that be like showing off your soul for judgement? I can't help but think that could be really crushing.

Aah well, I'm outta the game then. I sold mine ages ago. I just have an invoice for a MR B L Z Bub.
Mekka
Mekka

Back to top Go down

Post  Roundapanda Fri May 15, 2009 7:44 pm

I bet there's some kind of quiz that wpuld tell you what you daemon would be like
Its googling time
Roundapanda
Roundapanda

Back to top Go down

Post  Roundapanda Fri May 15, 2009 8:01 pm

Found one!
http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/468082/what-is-your-daemon

DOG - Your daemon may be a dog if you are loyal and caring, and like to know what is expected of you. You probably are very family oriented, and have a small group of friends that you are very close to, rather than a large group of acquaintances. You dislike confrontation, but you will stand up and fight for the people and issues that you really care about. You may prefer someone else to take the lead in a situation, although you would rather take the lead yourself than have the situation fall apart. You probably enjoy routine and order, but that doesn't mean you don't like to have fun. If anything, your friends probably know you for getting intense, child-like pleasure in the small things in life.

I'm terrified of dogs, I'd spend my entire life on edge
Roundapanda
Roundapanda

Back to top Go down

Post  ori-STUDFARM Fri May 15, 2009 8:11 pm

Right, done the test! Tarka........NO! Chinchilla.........NO!

RAVEN - Your daemon may be a member of the crow family. You are intelligent, observant, and gregarious. Just as a crow or raven picks shiny objects out of the dirt, you pick up tidbits of information or ideas and store them away. You have a good sense of humour, but sometimes lose patience with people who are antipathic to your nature. You are swift to alert others when you find the truth, and you have no tolerance for those who would hide it.

Oh bugger!!
ori-STUDFARM
ori-STUDFARM

http://www.reddwarfforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GAB Fri May 15, 2009 8:23 pm

River otter! Wow ... that's so unbelievable (that it can't possibly be the truth!).

OK, quoth The Raven.
"RAVEN - Your daemon may be a member of the crow family. You are intelligent, observant, and gregarious. Just as a crow or raven picks shiny objects out of the dirt, you pick up tidbits of information or ideas and store them away. You have a good sense of humour, but sometimes lose patience with people who are antipathic to your nature. You are swift to alert others when you find the truth, and you have no tolerance for those who would hide it."
GAB
GAB

Back to top Go down

Post  Mekka Sat May 16, 2009 9:12 am

Binky has a rival!

BUTTERFLY - Your daemon may be a butterfly. It is ironic that the butterfly traditionally represents the psyche, yet it is one of the least emotive physical forms that your daemon can take. It is very hard to tell what a butterfly is feeling, and perhaps that is why you feel so comfortable with this form. You have many, many friends and a beautiful soul, but you don't like to reveal what your innermost feelings are. You aren't afraid to be yourself - you are vibrant and colourful. But at the same time, you don't like to wear your heart on your sleeve.
Mekka
Mekka

Back to top Go down

Post  ro karen Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:15 pm

According to roundapanda's quiz:
EAGLE or HAWK - your daemon may be some kind of bird of prey. Yours is a strong spirit, and a fierce sense of liberty. You cannot be confined. You may be shrewdly observant, and like to be aware of everything that goes on around you. You will fight fiercely for the things that are most important to you, and you are definitely a force to be reckoned with. Still, you are not vicious by nature and would prefer to be left in peace. You probably value your solitude very highly - not that you don't enjoy company, but sometimes you just need to be alone - otherwise you begin to feel caged in and confined. You might want to take a drive on your own, just to feel the road beneath you, or to sit alone on your balcony, watching the world go by.

Not exactly what I was originally going to write. I was going to say my daemon would be a white wolf. This option is pretty cool, though Smile
ro karen
ro karen

http://www.lobablanca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jakob Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:27 pm

Wolves and Hawks have a bond. At least in Mathew Broderick films.
Jakob
Jakob

http://nerdhurdles.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:08 pm

I've started relistening to the NH podcasts, starting with #1, of course. Really love the NERD STORE show, btw. Anyway, your mention of steampunk in show #4 here made me think of a goth stereotypes graphic art series I watched over at DeviantArt, and "steampunk goth" was one of them:

#4 - His Dark Materials - Page 2 Goth_Type_21__Steampunk_Goth_by_Trellia

The whole series can be found in the gallery at http://trellia.deviantart.com
Megan, the girl who created all of these, was going to create a Rubacuori icon for me...but she wanted more than I was willing to pay at the time...fair enough.

#4 - His Dark Materials - Page 2 86618c9e84e8986758017a766d91b132
#4 - His Dark Materials - Page 2 Gothic_Grumbles___Emo_Kids_by_Trellia
Tony
Tony

http://www.tonypucci.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: