Nerd Rage!

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Nerd Rage!

Post  kumarhk on Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:57 pm

My feelings tell me that I should poke someone with the shiny stick and see what happens.
kumarhk

View user profile http://thekumarexperience.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Marius on Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:41 pm

ori-STUDFARM wrote:This TV talk gets to me sometimes. (Lost, the Wire, etc....). I too get pissed off when people tell me "This is the best show ever". But I also get equally pissed off when, 3 seasons in, they say "It's a pile of shit! Don't know what you're watching that for".

Ask me if I've seen it, sure!... Ask me if I like it or not. Great!... Recommend new stuff, or generally discuss with me how you feel about it! Fine!. Do NOT ram down my fucking throat the opinion that I am wrong and I should either abandon viewing or commence re-viewing a show that I have already made MY mind up on!

Same goes for music. I still like and enjoy American Idiot by Green day. It's not my favourite album by a long shot, but I still play it sometimes. People that 4 years ago were telling me how great it was and argued that it was Green Days best (even though I'd told them I didn't think so) are now telling me that the album is shit and asking how can I still listen to this! "Cos I make my own fucking mind up you idiot!!!"

I feel slightly better now!
I still think American Idiot is Green Day's best, but I'll defend to the death your right to disagree. afro
Marius

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Marius on Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:43 pm

If Jakob is Obi-Wan, can I be Yoda? alien
Marius

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Roundapanda on Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:41 am

Can I be Chewwy?
Roundapanda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  2hot2handle on Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:06 am

Can i be Leia? ahem... i mean Han...
2hot2handle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ultact on Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:59 am

Ah, the noble Tauntaun. Happy with its lot in life. Strong and well insulated for the harsh environment. Confident in the long lasting relationship between steed and rider. With fearless abandon he ventures forth through the unseen dangers of life knowing full well the unending love and loyalty with which his rider holds him in. Pure love flows from the horns to the tail and fills its' belly to overflowing with glee. Strong and true, nothing could sever the connection of friendship between Tauntaun and Jedi.
Ultact

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  2hot2handle on Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:06 am

Ultact wrote:Ah, the noble Tauntaun. Happy with its lot in life. Strong and well insulated for the harsh environment. Confident in the long lasting relationship between steed and rider. With fearless abandon he ventures forth through the unseen dangers of life knowing full well the unending love and loyalty with which his rider holds him in. Pure love flows from the horns to the tail and fills its' belly to overflowing with glee. Strong and true, nothing could sever the connection of friendship between Tauntaun and Jedi.

The bond between a Tauntaun and Mr. Han Solo however, now thats a completley different story.
2hot2handle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JonnyBoy on Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:23 am

I got dibs on being R2 D2. It might be a tight squeeze though.
JonnyBoy

View user profile http://twitter.com/jonnyboyslim

Back to top Go down

Post  Mandi on Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:27 am

I'm the baby Ewok.
Mandi

View user profile http://nerdhurdles.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayden_Bloom on Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:45 pm

I'm SO Han.
Hayden_Bloom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  2hot2handle on Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:50 pm

Hayden_Bloom wrote:I'm SO Han.

i wonder why your so keen Wink
2hot2handle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ori-STUDFARM on Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:35 pm

Han Solo or Han Job lol!
ori-STUDFARM

View user profile http://www.reddwarfforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony on Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:50 pm

ori-STUDFARM wrote:Han Solo or Han Job Laughing

I believe the characters correct name is Han Jabba. cyclops

Last edited by Jakob on Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Those LOL smillies are hideous.)
Tony

View user profile http://www.tonypucci.com

Back to top Go down

Post  weathereye on Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:46 am

I'm not prone to any kind of rage, but I did get a twinge when I was told by my significant other: "I saw the trailer for that movie you're so excited about ... is it Star Wars? Or Star Trek?" This was last week.

"Star Trek."

"Whatever. It looked cool."

She also thinks the Cult and the Cure are the same band ... "Whatever."

All of this is outweighed by her stuffed pasta shells from Friday night, so I should stop griping.
weathereye

View user profile http://weathereye.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mekka on Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:08 am

ori-STUDFARM wrote:I loved series one of the Wire, but missed the very last episode!! I just haven't picked up on it again, and to be honest, probably won't! Sad

FX are showing season 1 now. Final episode shouldn't be too many weeks away now. Then you could switch to BBC2 for the rest. McNulty - kind of a dick but still kinda hot.

(Completely nothing to do with the topic at hand: How cool is it that we have a swine flu smilie?!? pig )
Mekka

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  2hot2handle on Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:03 pm

People riding around on horses waving swords around and firing flames form thier fingertips is not sci-fi. So why is it when i go into borders to find a book containing the things i mentioned do i have to go over to the Sci-fi section and look for it in there. Apparentley these two genres are simply interchangeable (although i guess someone could say Sci-Fi is fantastical but then again so is any fiction.) It's almost as if they thought let's just have a corner of the shop where all the nerds can go and be nerdy and then they won't impinge on us looking at these far more credible genres.

But perhaps i'm just overeacting.
2hot2handle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mandi on Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:07 pm

I don't think you're overreacting. It's just more of that socially accepted nerd discrimination.
Mandi

Back to top Go down

Post  Jakob on Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:12 pm

What you should do is paste signs that say "Nerd Studies" over all of them. One of the Chapters here has sci-Fi, fantasy and graphic novels (Even Harvey Pekar stuff) under Sci-Fi. Yet, Manga is in an entirely different area. Quite odd.
Jakob

Back to top Go down

Post  Mandi on Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:15 pm

Ooo, guerilla nerd pride. I smell a task.
Mandi

Back to top Go down

Post  2hot2handle on Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:09 pm

Graphic novels and Manga are grouped together at some of my local bookstores, this dosn't rile me quite so much but it has the same effect on some of my friends as the Sci-fi/Fantasy thing did on me.
2hot2handle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Roundapanda on Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:12 pm

2hot2handle wrote:Graphic novels and Manga are grouped together at some of my local bookstores, this dosn't rile me quite so much but it has the same effect on some of my friends as the Sci-fi/Fantasy thing did on me.

It only annoys me because I don't want people thinking I'm looking at manga when I'm acctually being cool and looking at arty graphic novels.
But to be honest, I'm hitting a slight nerd rage with Graphic novels at the moment. I've never had so many paper cuts in my entire life Evil or Very Mad And I'm having difficulty taking in drawings while i take in the dialougue. To be honest, I'm thinking of just gving up on them
Roundapanda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mandi on Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:16 pm

Yeah, me too, well, not the paper cuts. I keep trying to like graphic novels, but I don't think I get the same effect from pictures and words that other people seem too. Graphic novels don't transport me into them the same was regular books do.

RoundaP, give Fun Home a try, it was pretty good. Have you read Persepolis? It's next on my 'attempting to overcome my graphic novel nerd hurdle' list.

Manga is like another planet to me.
Mandi

Back to top Go down

Post  Roundapanda on Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:19 pm

Mandi wrote:Yeah, me too, well, not the paper cuts. I keep trying to like graphic novels, but I don't think I get the same effect from pictures and words that other people seem too. Graphic novels don't transport me into them the same was regular books do.

RoundaP, give Fun Home a try, it was pretty good. Have you read Persepolis? It's next on my 'attempting to overcome my graphic novel nerd hurdle' list.

Manga is like another planet to me.

I have never heard of Fun home, but will check it out Smile
I've seen the movie of Persepolis and instantly put it up into my top 10 Razz (love it!) So I've been thinking of reading that for a while

All I know of manga is that the sticky looking kids who hang round in the library at lunch times read it alot...
Aah... the true nerds
Roundapanda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jakob on Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:20 pm

Manga is another planet to me and I love graphic novels. Some are even (non-manga) Japanese!
Jakob

Back to top Go down

Post  Roundapanda on Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:21 pm

It wouldn't be as bad if it wasn't so pervy... always so goddam pervy.
And it's alway like borderline paedophilia too Shocked
Roundapanda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top